Teach Mindful Pregnancy for Different Abilities, Risks & Health Conditions
Hersha Yoga's Accessible Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training is a combination of LIVE + ONLINE training. Each component can be completed individually for Continuing Education purposes, or combined to receive a full 85-hours certification in teaching prenatal & postnatal yoga.
The teacher training is inspired by Sri Swami Satchidananda's system of Integral Yoga and based on Hersha's personal experiences with pregnancy and childbirth both in Spain and in Hong Kong. The program is designed to address the need for a more accessible aspect of yoga for pregnant women through all trimesters, abilities and health conditions, as well as important techniques for labour and postnatal rehabilitation. Hersha Yoga is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School and graduates will be able to apply for registration as a Registered Prenatal Yoga Instructor (RPYS).
The training is a combination of LIVE + ONLINE training, to get your 85 hours required for certification. The curriculum is as follows:
- Learn Prenatal Yoga theory & techniques
- Create Yoga classes for different stages of pregnancy
- Skilfully accommodate pregnancies with higher risks
- Adapt postures for limited mobility and joint instability
- Preparation for labour and postnatal rehab
- Pranayama, meditation & mindfulness for pregnancy
- A comprehensive introduction to Raja Yoga — the science of the mind
- Complete anatomy and physiology of Prenatal Yoga — theory and function
- The basics of setting up a successful teaching practice
Hersha Yoga's comprehensive certification programmes provide a strong foundation for personal and spiritual development. Participants gain an appreciation for nurturing a personal practice and the skills for teacher trainees to become a knowledgeable and professional yoga teachers. The training process creates a safe environment where students can realise their own potential, gaining respect for themselves and a greater capacity to be of service to others.
NEXT LIVE TRAINING IS TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 2019
- Open to yoga teachers who have completed a 200-hour teacher training program of any tradition
- Regular yoga practitioners who are pregnant (and have a regular practice for at least one year)
- Midwives, doulas, massage therapists, or anyone working with pregnant women on a regular basis
Requirements for Certification
The Accessible Prenatal Yoga TT Program requires regular attendance, serious application and home study via our online curriculum. We are confident that we can certify all our applicants if they are committed to study and practice. Participants go through a series of qualifying exams and presentations, and online homework assignments.
Upon successful completion of the course, each graduate receives a diploma from Hersha Yoga's School of Teacher Training certifying that he or she may teach prenatal & postnatal yoga. For Yoga Teachers with a 200-hour certification, they may apply to be a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance. The Yoga Alliance is an internationally recognised voluntary alliance of organisations and teachers dedicated to uphold the integrity of yoga, establish standards for yoga teachers, and provide support for yoga professionals.**
The principal instructor is Hersha Chellaram. She has studied with Sri Swami Satchidananda since she was a child. She has attended many of the Integral Yoga programs in her youth and became a certified Integral Yoga instructor in 2002. She has taken Integral Yoga's prenatal yoga teacher training, and was encouraged to develop her own training program based on her unique experience. Hersha has taught at many Yoga programs, retreats and Teacher Trainings. She is often joined by other professionals to support lectures and content of the course:
- Katia (Karuna) Bacon is an Integral Yoga certified teacher at the 500-hour level. She is in charge of Anatomy & Physiology, as well as Hatha Theory.
The price of the Integral Yoga Teachers Training Programme includes tuition, training materials, our weekend retreat and graduation ceremony. Payment by instalments are also an option.
- Early Bird: HK$10,800 per person for the full course
- Regular: HK$12,200 per person for the full course
- Instalment: HK$13,200 per person for the full course (Registration payment of $3300 + 3 monthly instalments of $3300). Please note that certification will only be awarded once payments have been completed in full.
- Online Only: US$198 per person - Click here for details
** Must apply to the Yoga Alliance separately
Please contact us for enquiries.