Hersha Yoga's Accessible Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training is inspired by Sri Swami Satchidananda's system of Integral Yoga and based on Hersha's personal experiences with pregnancy and childbirth both in Spain and in Hong Kong. The teacher training is designed to address the need for a more therapeutic aspect of yoga for pregnant women through all trimesters as well as postnatal rehabilitation.
The program shares information about how to safely teach yoga adapted to all trimesters of pregnancy and different abilities. Students will learn the following:
- Understanding the different approach to yoga for prenatal students that have health concerns and the special role the prenatal yoga instructor plays
- How to gather specific health information and monitor it throughout pregnancy
- Complete instruction in how to sequence a prenatal yoga class and adapt asanas for higher risk pregnancies or special cases
- Principles of joint stability vs. flexibility
- Anatomy & Physiology for pregnancy and childbirth
- Comprehensive introduction to Raja Yoga and meditation for expecting mothers
- How to conduct a labour and delivery workshop for expecting mothers and their birthing partners
- Post-natal rehabilitation and yoga techniques to bond with baby.
Requirements for Certification
Students must complete 85-hours to receive the full accredited qualification and be eligible to apply for Yoga Alliance's RPYT standard. The training is delivered in Modules.
- Module 1: 5-day intensive to cover theory and techniques (45 hours CE)
- Module 2: Raja Yoga, Meditation & Mindfulness (16 hours CE)
- Module 3: Prenatal Anatomy & Physiology (16 hours CE)
- EXAM: For participants who have completed all three modules, they are eligible to take the final written and practical exam, obtaining the full certification.
This course open to anyone interested in learning about yoga for pregnant women. The course is designed to equip participants with the relevant knowledge to become a prenatal yoga instructor. To be eligible for accreditation as a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT), however, students must also complete a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training.
Hersha Chellaram is the principle instructor for this program. If students select the part-time training, they can complete their additional contact hours via Hersha's designated network of teachers in Anatomy, Raja Yoga and Prenatal Yoga.
The price for the training is HK$12,200 all inclusive of tuition and training materials.
Please contact us for enquiries.