Children's Yoga is popular in Hong Kong at schools and youth centres. Hersha Yoga offers you two high quality programs bringing yoga to all children that are both Registered Children's Yoga Schools at the 95-hour level:
Yoga for the Special Child: The Sonia Sumar Method
A pioneering program of yoga techniques designed to enhance the natural development of children with special needs. Sonia's style is safe for babies to young adults with Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, microcephaly, autism, rare genetic diseases and other developmental disabilities.
- Basic 1 (B1): Essential tools for working with children with special needs, hands-on instruction, evaluations, stages of child's development, and working with specific syndromes and disorders (Target ages 0-12)
- Basic 2 (B2): Further expands techniques learned in Basic 1, special emphasis on working with teens and young adults, while refining participants' skills in working with special children.
- Continuing Education (CE): Special weekend programs available targeting specific syndromes and disorders
BASIC 1: October 30 to November 5, 2017. Full-time (9:00am to 5:00pm)
Kidding Around Yoga by Haris (Harini) Lender
Kidding Around Yoga (KAY) specialises in transformational kids Yoga teacher trainings around the world. The training is full of interesting and fun ways to share the ancient practice with children ages 2-17. Participants learn creative instruction in meditation, breathing, relaxation, poses, games and activities, and much more. KAY has a unique approach to teaching children's Yoga and a series of original music created by our tight-knit family of teachers and trainers.
The training is great for anyone who wants to work with children on any level.
- Foundation Training: KAY has developed a unique 2-day hands-on training, backed up by an independent online course and lifetime of support by KAY staff and your vibrant KAY community. At KAY, participants learn more than just poses but a complete stress management system for children. You learn the Science of Yoga, especially geared for little yogis.
- 95-hour Training: For those wanting to complete their full accredited training, KAY offers you the full training which incorporates targeted workshops in the following:
- Mommy & Me
- Prenatal / Postnatal
- Family Yoga
- Accessible Yoga
- Teen Yoga
- Mindfulness & Meditation