Thank you for your interest in Integral Yoga’s Basic Teacher Training Program in Hong Kong.
Instalment Plan Available: HK$33,000.00
- Registration Fee: HK$3,300.00
- + 9x Monthly Instalments of: HK$3,300.00
The Integral Yoga system is based on the teachings of Sri Swami Satchidananda. Integral Yoga’s comprehensive certification programmes provide a strong foundation for personal and spiritual development. Participants gain an appreciation for nurturing a personal practice and the skills for teacher trainees to become a knowledgeable and professional yoga teachers. The basis of the Integral Yoga Teacher Training Programme focuses on these key components:
- Developing a consistent and personalised self practice for personal growth
- Understanding the different branches of Integral Yoga (going beyond a body-based practice)
- Complete instruction in how to teach the Integral Yoga Hatha I class. This includes Hatha Yoga asanas (postures), pranayama (breathing techniques), deep relaxation, chanting and meditation.
- Becoming part of the Integral Yoga community (Hong Kong and world wide)
- In-depth study of Integral Yoga Hatha I class — asana theory and practice
- The underlying philosophy, psychology and practices of Integral Yoga
- A comprehensive introduction to Raja Yoga — the science of the mind
- Complete anatomy and physiology of yoga — theory and function
- Elements of a yoga lifestyle — yogic diet, fasting and detox, kriyas, etc.
- Guidance on teaching to the individual and adapting to suit different populations
- The basics of setting up a successful teaching practice
Requirements for Certification
The Integral Yoga Teacher Training Program requires regular attendance, serious application and home study. We are confident that we can certify all our applicants if they are committed to study and practice. Applicants must complete a minimum of 200 hours of study. Of these, 180 hours must be in-person contact hours. Participants go through a series of qualifying exams and presentations, and has monthly homework assignments.
Upon successful completion of the course, each graduate receives a diploma from the Integral Yoga Teaching Academy certifying that he or she may teach at the level of Integral Yoga Hatha I, and may be listed as a teacher in the Integral Yoga Teachers’ Directory*. Additionally, graduating teachers are qualified to be a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) at the 200 hour level with the Yoga Alliance. The Yoga Alliance is an internationally recognised voluntary alliance of organisations and teachers dedicated to uphold the integrity of yoga, establish standards for yoga teachers, and provide support for yoga professionals.**
* Certified Integral Yoga teachers may submit personal details to the Integral Yoga Teachers’ Association for inclusion in the Integral Yoga Teachers’ Directory
** Must apply to the Yoga Alliance separately
At least one year experience as a Hatha Yoga student, and a sincere desire to learn more about the essence of Yoga; be diligent and disciplined students; and be committed to the course throughout its duration. It is advantageous for applicants to be familiar with the Integral Yoga system beforehand. It is recommended that applicants take a few Integral Yoga Hatha classes before attending the Teacher Training Programme.
The principal instructor for the Integral Yoga Teacher Training Programme is Hersha Chellaram. She has studied with Sri Swami Satchidananda since she was a child. She has attended many of the Integral Yoga programs in her youth and became a certified Integral Yoga instructor in 2002. Since then, Hersha has taught at many Integral Yoga programs, retreats and Teacher Trainings.
- Katia (Karuna) Baconis an Integral Yoga certified teacher at the 500-hour level. She is in charge of Anatomy & Physiology, as well as Hatha Theory.
- Aurelie (Anjali) Gauthieris Integral Yoga certified teacher at the 500-hour level, and head of the Integral Yoga Hong Kong sangha. She will cover Hatha Theory and trainee mentoring.
- Gabi Baumgartneris Integral Yoga certified teacher at the 300-hour level and a Vini Yoga Therapist. She will be cover lessons in Hatha Theory, Pranayama, Adapting Yoga, and also trainee mentoring.
Date & Time Commitment
UPCOMING TRAINING DATES (TENTATIVE)
- October 6-7 weekend
- November 3-4 weekend
- + Extra day on Saturday Nov 24
- December 8-9 weekend
- January 12-13 weekend
- + Extra day on Saturday Jan 27
- February 16 + 17 weekend
- March 9-10 weekend
- March 29-31 KRIYA RETREAT 3-day weekend
- April 27-28 weekend
- May 4-5 weekend
- June 8 + June 15
The price of the Integral Yoga Teachers Training Programme is:
- Early bird: HK$28,600 per person for the course (deadline July 31, 2018).
- Regular: HK$29,800 per person for the course
- Instalments: HK$33,000 per person (Registration fee $3300 + 9x monthly instalments)
Extra Credit / Make-up hours (not included in tuition price)
Participants are required to complete 180 contact hours + 20 non-contact hours to receive a certificate. If a participant has to miss any of the dates listed above, make-up hours are required and are available at an additional cost to the student. Options for make up hours are:
- Integral Yoga Sangha (Raja & Hatha Yoga): Mondays 7:00pm-8:30pm — $100 per person
- Attend any group Hatha class taught by an Integral Yoga teacher — Price based on location/studio
- Request IY mentor for private catch up sessions — $500 per hour
- Request Hersha to schedule a make-up day — $500 per person per half day (minimum 6 persons)
Completed application forms will be accepted by email to: email@example.com. You can post and mail cheque to: “EVANTIS WELLNESS” C/O Hersha Chellaram, 201 Kowloon Centre, 29 Ashley Road, TST, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Please note that applications sent by e-mail (with scanned signatures) are considered legally binding.
Please contact us for enquiries.