Hersha Yoga's Scholarship Program
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING SCHOLARSHIP DETAILS
Hersha Yoga's Scholarship Program awards a deserving person a full or partial scholarship to a live yoga teacher training program that we offer in Hong Kong. The scholarship program is about finding dedicated individuals with a strong passion and intention on serving our community through YAMA Foundation. Each teacher training program offers one scholarship per cycle.
The scholarship grant covers: full tuition, administrative fees, course manuals and certification fees.
The grant does not include transportation, accommodation, meals or daily expenses. Candidates must be able to cover their own costs and are free to choose items based on personal preference and budget.
The applicant must agree to submit a truthful application, and commit to the following:
- Commit to full attendance for the duration of the teacher training program.
- Complete all required assignments and exams on par with peers.
- Sit down with the team post-training to discuss the action plan for post-training commitments listed below.
- Teach yoga or offer additional time and skills on a pro-bono basis to an underserved community as part of one of YAMA Foundation's Community Outreach Programs. (8-24 hours, depending on the scholarship awarded.)
- Record all yoga classes taught (signed by a YAMA Program Leader or member of the beneficiary organisation)
- Complete a personal reflection piece to be used in the end-of-program report as well as to be submitted to Hersha Yoga.
Who can apply
This is a grant based on merit. The scholarship is open to individuals who have a regular yoga practice, ready to take the next step into teaching yoga and have a strong inclination towards social work. If you do not have any yoga experience, it's best to get as much personal practice in before applying for the program, or you must prove your track record for community or humanitarian service / work experience.
Candidates must display:
- Existing work experience in community service, working with people who have different abilities, social service or other humanitarian causes.
- Have a strong intention to contribute to these fields
- Be willing to fulfil pro-bono teaching commitments with YAMA Foundation's beneficiary organisations
- Commitment to fulfil all post-training requirements.
How to Apply
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form below: 👇🏽
- Email Hersha two reference letters
Candidates chosen for the next round will be contacted directly to provide additional information or to arrange an interview.
The successful candidate will receive a confirmation email on their scholarship award and will be formally enrolled into the training program. Scholarships are awarded within 2 weeks prior to the start of the course.
SPONSOR A CANDIDATE
If you are a corporation / social enterprise / charity / individual that would like to sponsor a successful candidate's expenses (such as transportation fees, meals, study materials or classes outside of the training) or you have an organisation in mind for a graduate to teach at, please email directly here.